DJA works towards justice and inclusion for people with a disability. We focus on the needs, rights and interests of people with a disability.
DJA is independent from other services and free of conflicts of interest. We can provide support straight away if the situation is critical. Priority is given to accommodation, attendant care, health and aids and equipment issues.
DJA will meet with the person at a time and place of their choice. Our support is provided directly to the person with a disability, we also acknowledge the relationship and person has with their family and carers. The person with a disability remains our priority.
- Work for and with the person on things that they need.
- Understand what is needed and then assist the person to try and achieve it.
- Be accountable to the person we are supporting.
- Be clear about what we can and can't do.
- Support the person to have their say or speak up for the person.
- Be professional and honest.
- Assist people to take control of their lives.