About Disability Justice Advocacy
Disability Justice Advocacy Inc DJA provides advocacy support to people who have ongoing support needs as a result of disability
DJA is also funded to provide NDIS appeal support to people with disabilities who live in one of the 5 Local Government areas in Victoria:
We can provide free of charge support to people with disabilities who have:
- Been rejected as NDIS Participants and want to appeal the decision
- Are not happy with part/s of their NDIS plan and want to apply for an Internal Review
- Are not happy with the outcome of the internal review and want to take the matter to the Administrative Appeal Tribunal
Contact us if you need help.
DJA is governed by a Board of Management comprised of elected persons from its’ general membership. It has been in existence since 1990 and is primarily funded by Commonwealth Department of Social Services (DSS)
Our focus is about working with the person with a disability and supporting their needs, rights and interests to address and resolve issues they identify.
We are independent of all other services and free of conflicts of interest. There is no charge to use the service.
To be the leader in disability advocacy.
To provide quality advocacy to people having high support needs, who are in greater need, in order to protect and advance, their well being, rights and interests both individually and collectively.
DJA is partners with Maurice Blackburn Lawyers to provide legal advice to our clients who have:
- been forced to cease work due to injury or illness or disability
- suffered injury or illness as a result of a work place or transport accident; or
- suffered injury or illness related to Medical Treatment or as a result of an accident in a public place